Week Eight

TOPIC 1: BANNED BOOKS AND YOUR BOOKSHELF
I have read “Thirteen Reasons Why”, “To Kill a Mockingbird”, and “The Kite Runner”.  I really enjoyed all these books. To Kill a Mockingbird is one that was a required read for my sophomore english class. I’ve noticed that is a common trend among high schools. The also mentioned Roald Dahl being challenged multiple times in the children's section. I think that limiting access to books and other public materials should be left up to the parents,. Or maybe even banned by age appropriateness. The objections to the books seem to be valid, but banning books does take away freedoms that we are allowed to have as americans. I have read a lot of dystopian books, some authors include Suzanne Collins, Kiera Cass,and Dave Eggers. I think these are all similarly themed books, maybe they would say I am into adventure and challenge, but I am not sure.

TOPIC 2: MAGAZINES
I really don’t read magazines, I guess the most I read are Cosmopolitan and People the most.  I am not really interested in these magazines, but they contain drama that is needed sometimes. These both advertise for beauty supplies and weight loss routines. I don’t think they define me or say anything about me as I don’t read them except maybe once a year. I think that these magazines are sexist at times and that they don’t supply any knowledge, just pointless drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Six Blog Post

Week Nine Blog Forum

Week Five Media Blog