Week Nine Blog Forum

WEEK 9 MEDIA BLOG FORUM QUESTIONS 
TOPIC 1: MUSIC'S INFLUENCE 
The one and probably the only time my music choice has been restricted is probably for pre game warm up songs. High school and college both had pretty strict rules about the type and lyrics of music we were allowed to listen to for the warm up CD. I was never upset about it, and it made sense as children and adults were at the games and they probably wouldn't appreciate a bunch of cuss words. I really like country music and ballad style songs. My favorite artists are probably Eric Church, Josh Garrels, ABBA, Sugarland, and Zac Brown Band. 
TOPIC 2: CAMPUS RADIO 
I do not think I would listen to a school radio show, personally I dislike the radio and I'm not sure what the radio show would even talk about. I think they would have to do a program that followed the sports teams and then possibly a program that followed the current events (maybe things that are included in the campus wide emails.) I think in order to fund this they would have to do ads, Subway or Dutch may pay to have their businesses promoted. Perhaps they could also ask for donations and take over the live streams of the sports games, this may bring in some profit allowing them to get better equipment. 

Comments

  1. Hi Grace! First of I'd like to say great blog post. While writing mine I completely forgot about warm up CDs and how we have to censor them. I play basketball and throughout my whole life we have always done that because of kids and parents as you said. I am really surprised that I forgot about that. Even if there is a cuss word we have to get the clean version so it is not said, and yet still sometimes if it is really obvious what is supposed to be said in the blank space we cannot use that song.

    I do find the thought of a radio station interesting. You do bring up a valid point that not a lot of kids our age that actually listen to the radio due to having streaming service where we can listen to our own music and things we want to hear. I do like the idea of the radio station following sports teams. I also agree that the radio station would need ads and sponsors to create the stream of cash to keep it afloat. Great article!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week Six Blog Post

Week Five Media Blog