Week Six Blog Post

Topic One: Newspapers
I mostly get my local news from twitter or word of mouth. It is probably not the best way to get news but it is what works for me. Local news is really not that important to me unless it has to do with crime rate. I don’t really check and see if the information is correct unless it’s really important, and I also don’t spread the news around unless it’s correct. I do not subscribe to any local or national news things. On a scale of 1 to 5 on being informed, I am probably between a 3 and 4 depending on the event or situation. I don’t really care to be incredibly informed, just enough to not seem stupid when in conversation.
Topic Two: Fake News
I think that Trump does not go about his social business and criticisms in the best way. He needs to be more calm and neutral about the issues. He also should be able to take the criticisms gracefully and with clean pride. I agree that president Trump is harming our free speech and journalism by attacking the news and press. He needs to pull back and be better at taking criticism. Trump is very much weakening our current state of affairs. It’s beginning to create an extremely polarized and seperated.

Comments

  1. I am nonk it that familiar with twitter, but I had no idea it was a source of news. I looked it up and it seems to be similar to the same type of site as facebook. I am not that interested in daily news myself. While I have the same views on news, I have a different outlook on Trump, although I do agree that being the leader of our country, he should handle criticism a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that our president needs to have a more neutral stance on issues like this and really be aware of how he puts himself out there/what he says. I too get my information mostly from the same sources as you and find it very convenient for me. I think its good to be open to new information always but to be hesitant to pass on unless you know its accurate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week Five Media Blog

Week Nine Blog Forum